With a daughter who is very active, (another who seems to be following suit!) often we are off to an event or a dance/sport class or an active play somewhere after school so I always need great grab and go options to fuel her for the from school pick up to home for dinner space to keep her going, and as a busy kid she wants something that's tastes great, is easy to eat and gives her the energy needs.
These muffins have been such a hit with both my kids and their friends and even my mother whose cauliflower cheese was legendary!
They are really so quick to whip together and your house smells *amazing* afterwards too.
- 1/2 cup finely grated cauliflower
- 1/4 cup butter (I use organic)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 grated chedder cheese
- 1 free range egg
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 long spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon good turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Super Food For Kids Vital Veggie Powder (Optional)
- dash of himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup peppita seeds
- 1 & 1/4 cups milk of choice, dairy, soy, almond etc
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour (or gluten free etc)
- A little extra cheese and seeds to decorate the tops of the muffins
- Preheat oven to 180ç
- Whisk together the egg, milk and butter.
- Add in both cheeses then vinegar, spring onion, cauliflower, turmeric, vital veg, seeds, salt. Combine well.
- Add the baking powder to the spelt flour and then careful stir into the muffin mix.
- Spoon into pre-greased 12 hole muffin tray.
- Top with a little extra cheese and a sprinkling of seeds.
- Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes or until golden on top and firm to the touch.
- Enjoy hot or cold.
An organic, raw, paleo, vegan super foods powder specifically made for kids!
*The muffins do of course work and taste beautiful without this powder, I just like to boost nutrition wherever and whenever I can!
Get the fantastic vital veg powder here: