- 125 grams butter
- 2 free range eggs
- 1/4 cup finely grated cauliflower
- 2 large tablespoons Super foods For Kids Vital Veggie Powder READ about this below!
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked with 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1/4 cup mashed, cooked pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- cherry tomatoes extra
- peppita and sunflower seeds extra
- Pre heat oven to 180 c.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Combine the butter and eggs together.
- Add in the quinoa, grated cauliflower, mashed pumpkin, grated cheese, vital veggie powder, herbs and salt. Combine well.
- Gently fold in the spelt flour combined with the baking powder.
- Pour muffin mixture into muffin cases.
- \Decorate tops with thinly sliced cherry tomatoes and/or peppita and sunflower seeds.
- These are so yummy and filling, the smell when they cook is just gorgeous too, something the kids will enjoy coming home too.
- Make them a bit more adult with some freshly chopped chili and even optionally a little feta cheese.
- Perfect with soup.
- Great for picnics.
- Use a mini muffin tray to make perfect toddler hand sized muffins.
- These are really tasty and very appealing to toddlers, especially when decorated with a tomato slice on top!
I believe one of the greatest gifts we can give our children is a love and understanding of their own bodies and part of this is knowing how good we feel when we give our bodies, real, nourishing food.
If there is ever going to be one thing that I am happy to spend money on in regards to my kids, even when on a budget it is their health and nutrition.
This Winter I am delighted to share that we have not had any colds in our house! No flu's or runny noses, no tummy bugs. It has been GREAT!!
Do I have a secret tip? You bet I do!
We have combined lots of healthy, yummy food. Lots of home grown and organics, lots of exercise and sunshine with an extra boost of Superfoods for Kidz products.
My kids are not fussy eaters, they love their vegetables and fruit, their meals and snacks, in fact you could say they are both little foodies!! And I do SO love superfoods and anything that gets a big power boost of nutrition, antioxidants and all those great super food power ingredients into them so I was really excited to come across superfoods that were especially for kids!
What an exciting way to really boost your kids health and immunity, especially with all the things they do and places they play...
I was familiar with adult superfoods and I like using them a lot so I was thrilled to discover this range and could also really see how helpful they would be too if you had fussy eaters.
''Superfoods for Kidz are Australia’s first ever all natural, nutrient-dense super food formulations designed for kids’ tastebuds and parents’ peace of mind.
Superfoods for Kidz are combinations of wild harvested Superfoods,organic fruits and vegetables carefully selected by our nutrition team for their intense nutritional properties to support the wellbeing of kids and because they taste YUMMY!. Our products are also 100% organic and were also carefully developed with allergies in mind so they contain no Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Corn, Nuts or any artificial flavours, colours or additives.
Why do we need Superfoods for Kidz ? because our soils today are over harvested and have little or no nutrients left in the soil. Nutrients are vital to keep our immune system healthy, and our immune system is what fights off disease.
Superfoods for Kidz are a better source of nutrition than multivitamins for a number of reasons:
Superfoods for Kidz are natural, whole FOODS! They provide bioavailable vitamins, minerals and enzymes. Bioavailable means ‘naturally occurring’, so your body can recognize them, break them down, and use them for maximum health benefits. Multivitamins, on the other hand, bear no
I have to admit I have tasted a lot of superfoods and powders from health food shops in my life but I was shocked at how yummy these products were, and especially blown away at the fantastic organic and natural ingredient listings on the back of them all, you feel goosebumps of goodness all over as you read them and you are really that delighted to be giving these great products to your kids.
You feel like, finally, someone really gets it that we want only the best for our kids.
And the kids verdict?
Well let me just say that these products are so moorish I wouldn't expect them to be around for long!
For me their coco biotics bars are, I kid you not, yes, I am going to say it, better than chocolate bars! Yes yes, I know, it is a big call and those that know me well know how much I love (a lot) my chocolate but I can honestly say I was blown away with these bars and I honestly would reach for one of these of a chocolate bar, I truly would they are YUMMY...! And no guilt afterwards...
And they also have a gorgeous, perfect portioned size kids version too, perfect bars for lunch boxes.
They have a fantastic range of products and I will be sharing some recipes with you on the blog and fb featuring the products so stay tuned for them all, they alos currently have a sale on with 15% off so go and have a look!!
You can find all the fabulous products online here>
https://www.nutraorganics.com.au/ and you can also find all their stockists on their website too.
Recipe and photography (c) Rebecca Mugridge