Raw Energy Date, Pecan & Macadamia Slice
As seen in HOLISTIC BLISS magazine
• ½ cup Nui organic coconut flour
• 2 tablespoons organic Power Super Foods Maca/Cacao blend powder
• 1 cup mixed raw unsalted macadamias and pecans
• ¼ cup raw macadamia’s extra
• ¼ cup dates extra,( not soaked), chopped
• ¼ cup raw, unhulled tahini
• ¼ cup Niugini Organics raw organic coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon organic vanilla pod extract
• 1 &1/2 cups pitted dates, soaked overnight in a little water.
• Line a slice tray with baking paper.
• Blitz the cup of raw nuts until crumb like texture.
• Blend dates to make a paste.
• Combine the tahini, coconut oil and date paste together in a large bowl.
• Add in the coconut flour and maca blend powder, combine well.
• Stir through the extra macadamia nuts and dates
• Spread mixture out onto the lined tray, press down.
• Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until really firm.
• Cut into slices.
• Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for firmness.
• You could add raw agave, raw honey or even stevia for extra sweetness if desired.
• Make it really chocolaty by increasing cacao powder and adding some drops of liquid chocolate stevia.
• Great for a sweet, sugar free, raw snack, afternoon tea with the kids.
HERE it was a raw food special so lots of gorgeous recipes and articles in it X
And you can also check out all the magazines my recipes have been in and read them online via My ISSUU Stack
Recipe and photography (c) Rebecca Mugridge2013