They have really created a stunning cheese here, it is creamy and full of texture and flavour.
This is a really easy recipe that will impress dinner guests or is perfect for a picnic or a quick, tasty and special family meal,.
• 500grams fresh local mushrooms
• 1 x Maleny Cheese Brie cheese
• 1 RawGanix FreeRange Egg
• 2 medium sized leeks
• 4 teaspoons Gourmet Garden garlic
• 1 teaspoon turmeric
• ¼ cup Quinoa flakes
• 2 sheets shortcrust pastry (or gluten free puff pastry see notes)
• 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
• Pre heat oven to 180ç.
• De-frost pastry sheets.
• Chop and sauté leeks, garlic and turmeric together until leeks are wilted.
• Slice and add in mushrooms, stir together well.
• Remove from heat.
• Chop brie cheese into chunks.
• Finely chop the fresh parsley.
• Mix brie and parsley into mushroom and leek mixture.
• Lay one sheet of pastry on a greased or lined baking tray.
• Fold 1 cm of the edges in on itself along all 4 edges.
• Top with the mushroom mixture, leaving a small space along all edges.
• Cover with the second sheet of pastry, you can optionally cut patterns into the top piece.
• Pinch all sides together to seal.
• Whisk the egg in a small bowl and brush folded edges lay one sheet of pastry on a baking tray
• Bake in the oven until pastry is nice and golden.
• This is a simple yet beautiful dish that is perfect for entertaining or a dinner that feels a bit special.
• The combination of fresh local mushrooms with the delicious local brie is stunning.
• Use The Pastry Pantry Gluten free puff pastry to make gluten free or use your own homemade pastry.
• This is such a great dish for kids because pastry is always so popular and the flavours of this one appeal to them.
You can collect this recipe card and all the ingredients including the delicious Maleny Brie Cheese from the Maleny Supa IGA . Created for their Local Product Local Recipe - recipe cards, promoting Sunshine Coast producers and Sunshine Coast food!