Smoked Trout with Fresh Avocado and Coriander Salad
This is a stunning salad. It looks impressive and it tastes incredible! I used the beautiful Sunshine Coast Noosa River Smoke House smoked trout, but any good quality smoked trout would be beautiful in this with the fresh greens and a crunch of pomegranate. Perfect for a dinner party, date night, dish for a BBQ, hot Summer's night or just a really healthy and delicious dinner. Serves 4.
• 1 piece Smoked Trout
• Balsamic Vinaigrette (I used Sunshine Coast made Tomarata Sensual Rosella balsamic)
• 3 stalks Celery, cut on the diagonal
• 1 Red Onion, chopped
• 4 Tomatoes, chopped
• 1 packet Lettuce mix (I used Ironbark here)
• 1 cup Baby Spinach leaves
• ½ cup fresh Coriander leaves
• 2 small Lebanese Cucumbers
• 1 fresh Pomegranate
• ¼ cup Flaked Almonds
|Violet eating pomegranate seeds |
while mum makes the salad!
• In a bowl combine lettuce mix, baby spinach leaves, coriander leaves, onion and tomatoes.
• Cut Lebanese cucumbers in half, remove seeds with teaspoon and cut into half moon shapes.
• Cut pomegranate in half, remove seeds (HINT to remove seeds easily hit pomegranate with wooden spoon underneath, this will loosen the seeds, ensure not to include membrane as is bitter.)
• Combine salad mix, cucumber, celery, avocado, onion together.
• Flake trout into salad mix.
• Gently toss together.
• Arrange on serving platter sprinkle pomegranate seeds and the flaked almonds over the top.
• Serve with Tomarata Sensual Rosella Balsamic Vinaigrette.
• Perfect for a dinner party, very decorative.
• Beautiful light, healthy dinner.
• This is tasty salad suitable for all ages, the pomegranate especially is very appealing to toddlers and children.
As you can see >>>
My kids, especially my toddler LOVES fresh pomegranate >>>
Not a peep was heard, as she happily munched away,
during the recipe photo shoot ;)
And then ate an adult sized serving. This salad recipe is one of my kids favourites.
This recipe was created by me for the Maleny Supa IGA Local Product Local Recipe - card series with Rebecca Mugridge. Free to collect in store and you can see the whole series on their website.