Delicious as a light healthy lunch, entrée, a children’s dinner or in a salad wrap.
Serve with a fresh salad and Noosa Chilli Jam dipping sauce
Using fantastic crumbs with Quinoa and the lovely flavour of pumpkin.
- 1 packet Mighty Bean Tempeh, savoury
- 1 &1/2 cups pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup red lentils, cooked and drained
- 2 long spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup Maleny IGA Besan Flour
- 2 teaspoons Gourmet garden mild chilli paste, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons Gourmet Garden Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup Maleny IGA pepita seeds
- ¼ cup Maleny IGA sesame seeds
- Orgran Multigrain crumbs with Quinoa
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Karom Himalayan salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Chop the Tempeh into small cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled mashed pumpkin, lentils, chickpeas, pepita seeds, sesame seeds, spring onion, parsley, chilli paste, garlic paste and besan flour.
- Add in the tempeh cubes.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Place some of the Quinoa crumbs in a separate bowl.
- Roll tablespoon size amounts of the mixture in your hands and then roll in the crumbs.
- Flatten lightly and continue until all mixture has been used.
- Heat the oil in a non stick frying pan to a medium heat and lightly fry the bites until nice and golden on both sides.
- Serve with dipping bowls of Noosa Chilli Jam.
- Beautiful with a nice fresh salad for a healthy dinner.
- Great for picnics and lunches.
- Place 2-3 bites in a wholegrain wrap on a bed of fresh salad greens and some Noose Chilli Jam to make a healthy and filling kebab.
- Vegetarian friendly.
- Good source of protein.
- Make them small bites and serve with an organic tomato based sauce if the chilli jam is too hot for their taste.
This delicious recipe is from the Maleny IGA Local Product Local Recipe - recipe cards, available to collect in store!
If you lie my recipes, photography and blog please consider voting for me in the Circle of Moms Top 25 - I've been nominated! It only takes a super quick click on their like button, thats it - thank you!
Maleny IGA makes it easy for you to support locals.
*Maleny IGA has in-store local supplier & gluten free shelf labelling.
*Online shopping & home delivery across the sunshine coast with easy local supplier tags.
*Weekly local recipe card using local ingredients by local Author Rebecca Mugridge available in-store & on our website.
*Regular local product demos & tastings.