Cheesey Potato & Carrot Hash Browns
Tasty for dinner, lunch and school lunch boxes or makes a great hors d'oeuvre. Delicious hot or cold. Flavoured with local Gourmet Garden Herbs and delicious local Kenilworth Cheddar Cheese and introducing the new Kenilworth Organic Cold Pressed Olive Oil.
· 1 large sweet potato.
· 1 washed potato, washed.
· 1 large carrot, washed and peeled.
· 2 stalks spring onion.
· 1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden Chives.
· 2 teaspoons Gourmet Garden Garlic.
· 1 cup Kenilworth Cheddar Cheese, grated.
· 3 Sanitarium rashers.
· 1 teaspoon Tumeric.
· Karom Himalayan pink mineral salt to taste.
· Pepper to taste.
· Organic tomato sauce to serve.
· 1 & 1/2 tablespoons organic cold pressed olive oil ( I use Kenilworth).
· Heat ½ tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan.
· Slice thinly and fry the rashers until nicely cooked, set aside.
· In a bowl grate the potato, sweet potato and carrot, mix together
· Add in the chives, garlic, turmeric, salt and pepper to taste, cheese and rashers, combine well.
· Heat 1 tablespoon or so of oil in a frying pan.
· Take tablespoon size amounts of the mix in your hands and press the mixture together to make a patty shape, squeeze out excess moisture.
· Fry just a couple at a time on a medium heat, allowing to go golden brown on each side, press down gently as you do.
· Drain on paper towelling.
· Turn onto a wire cooling rack.
· Serve with a bowl of organic tomato sauce.
· Great for kids lunch boxes, include a small container of the tomato sauce.
· Use ham instead of the sanitarium rashers.
· Swap the dipping tomato sauce for a bowl of sour cream mixed with gourmet garden chives and some fresh chives on top.
· Great for picnics.
· Make theirs toddler hand sized for ease of use. Serve with a fresh crunchy salad including things fresh beans, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and red capsicum.
This recipe I created for client Maleny Supa IGA and their Local Product Local Recipe - recipe cards.
Recipe & Food Image Photography ©RebeccaMugridge 2013