- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes, sliced into chip shapes
- 2 tablespoon Peri Peri
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Sweet Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
- 1 tablespoon Dried Rosemary
- Pre heat oven to 220`c.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a bowl combine the Peri Peri, 1 teaspoon paprika and 1 teaspoon oil.
- In a second bowl combine the salt, rosemary, 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon paprika.
- Using the 2 bowls separate the chopped sweet potato into 2 lots, mix both lots well with the seasoning
- On one tray lay out the Peri Peri chips and on the other the rosemary
- Turn over when half cooked, approximately around 20 minutes depending on thickness of the sweet potato
- Continue to bake until golden, cooked through and crispy
- Serve Peri Peri sweet potato fries with a bowl of Maleny Dairies Natural Acidophilus Yogurt.
- Serve rosemary sweet potato fries as is or with a homemade tomato sauce
- The Peri Peri does have a bite so the rosemary version is great for heat sensitive guests and children.
- Like a bit of heat? Increase the Peri Peri content and serve with a spicy or chilli sauce.
- Serve the rosemary version for the toddlers, it is also great with a freshly made guacamole for dipping.
- Optionally, leave the salt out.
This recipe is from the Maleny Supa Iga's Local Product Local Recipe - recipe card series, available to collect in store.
Recipe & Food Image Photography ©RebeccaMugridge2012