Potato salad is always a hit and this one is just delicious. Using local Sunshine Coast macadamia mustard created by Country Harvest that you can find at the Maleny Supa IGA. This mustard is seriously AMAZING and has the most beautiful flavour, making this dish come alive. Perfect to bring to a bbq, serve at a dinner party or great as a side dish with dinner.
1kg new or chat potatoes, quartered
1 cup baby spinach leaves
¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
¼ cup macadamia nuts, toasted
¼ cup low fat mayonnaise
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons honey
2 tablespoons macadamia mustard (Country Harvest – Terra Australis)
Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- In a saucepan place potatoes and fill with cold water until all potatoes are covered. Bring to the boil and then simmer until potatoes are just cooked, drain
- In a bowl combine olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, honey and mayonnaise, whisk together.
- Line a serving dish with the fresh spinach and coriander leaves
- Toss the potatoes gently through the dressing in the bowl and arrange on top of the leaves
- Sprinkle with the macadamia nuts
- You can intensify the flavour by increasing the mustard and lemon juice. Add some finely sliced and cooked bacon or vegetarian sanitariam rashers for a different twist.
- Through some freshly chopped spring onions and thinly sliced red capsicum through the potatoes before placing onto the dish for some extra colour.
- Use sweet potatoes instead.
- Make them a toddler appealing version using whole baby potatoes and serve with boiled free range eggs, cherry tomatoes, capsicum slivers and fresh greens.
This recipe is from the collectible Maleny Supa IGA Local Product Local Recipe - recipe cards.
You can pick up the recipe cards in store from their stand by the trolleys.
These recipe cards promote and celebrate local Sunshine Coast products, producers and our region.
Maleny IGA makes it easy for you to support locals.
*Maleny IGA has in-store local supplier shelf labelling.
*Online shopping & home delivery across the sunshine coast with easy local supplier tags.
*Weekly local recipe card using local ingredients by local Author Rebecca Mugridge available in-store & on our website.
*Regular local product demos & tastings.
*CBC Program - 2012 raised $144,000 for local charities.
Maleny Supa IGA • 26 Maple St, Maleny • Ph: 5494 2257
Recipe & Food Image Photography ©RebeccaMugridge2012