A fabulous and easy recipe the kids will LOVE from the Maleny Supa IGA Local Product Local Recipe - recipe card series. Collect and keep the recipe cards in store from the recipe card rack near the trolleys!
Kids love pastry. They love sausage rolls and party pies but as a parent you can be horrified at some of the ingredients and fat content which is why it is so exciting and rewarding to make your own.
This is a great, really quick and easy recipe and the kids can even help make it, the Kenilworth Ricotta really makes this dish. Rawganix Eggs, Kenilworth Ricotta & Cheddar and all the ingredients can be delivered by Maleny Supa IGA via online ordering across the Sunshine Coast.
- 250g Kenilworth fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large zucchini
- ½ cup grated Kenilworth mild cheddar cheese
- 1 Rawganix free range egg
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 4 sheets reduced fat or gluten free puff pastry
- Pre heat oven to 180`c.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Remove pastry from freezer and let thaw slightly.
- Combine the egg and ricotta, mix together and add in turmeric and a pinch of salt.
- Add the grated carrot, zucchini and cheese, combine well.
- Cut each sheet in half. Put a layer of mixture down the centre of each piece.
- Roll closed with the pastry rolling over itself so you end up with two long rolls.
- Cut into desired lengths.
- Brush them lightly with beaten egg.
- Bake until golden brown and pastry is cooked.
- Add some fresh chili for a more adult version.
- The addition of some curry powder or curry paste gives a different version.
- Freeze for your own healthy version of takeaway for those times when you want a quick and easy dinner.
- I have used turmeric in this recipe for its great health properties with my own children, you can leave out.
- Great cold in the school lunchboxes!
- Make them nice and small so they are toddler hand sized
- Serve with a toddler salad of salad greens, boiled eggs, fresh crunch snow peas, cherry tomatoes, avocado and some sunflower seeds.
Collect and keep the Local Products Local recipe Cards from the Maleny IGA.
Maleny IGA makes it easy for you to support locals.
*Maleny IGA has in-store local supplier shelf labelling.
*Online shopping & home delivery across the sunshine coast with easy local supplier tags.
*Weekly local recipe card using local ingredients by local author Rebecca Mugridge available in-store & on our website.
*Regular local product demos & tastings.
*CBC Program - 2012 raised $144,000 for local charities.
Maleny Supa IGA • 26 Maple St, Maleny • Ph: 5494 2257
Recipe & Food Image Photography ©RebeccaMugridge2012