The fabulous flavours of the marinated feta and the Teff Flour make this a delicious recipe, perfect for entertaining, lunches and as a breakfast muffin.
- 400 g Kenilworth Marinated Feta mix in oil, reserve 4 pieces of the feta
- 1 rawganix free range egg
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- Extra sundried tomatoes, sliced for decorating top of muffins
- 1 & ½ cups self raising flour
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Whole Grain Teff Flour
- ½ cup Kenilworth cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons extra grated Kenilworth cheddar cheese
- 2 long spring onions thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Pepita and sunflower seeds
- ¼ to ½ cup soy or dairy milk, as needed
- Pre heat oven to 180`c.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Whisk egg, add in milk.
- Add in the marinated feta mixture including all the oil from the container, mix together.
- Next add grated cheese, yoghurt, spring onion, parsley and combine.
- Sift flours together in a large bowl.
- Combine all ingredients gently together, do not over mix.
- Mixture should be nice and moist, if not add a little extra milk.
- Pour mixture into muffin cases and top with sundried tomatoes, crumbled feta, pepita and sunflower seeds to decorate and top with a very small amount of grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned.
- Delicious for entertaining, lunches and picnics.
- The red sundried tomatoes and green spring onions and pepita seeds look decorative and give a festive look for Christmas time.
- Great to serve for Christmas breakfast,The green and red on top make them very festive, perfect for Christmas day.
- Use a miniature muffin tray to make toddler sized muffins.
- Top with extra grated cheese before baking.
This recipe is from the Maleny Supa IGA Local Product Local Recipe - recipe cards, collectible in store.
Maleny IGA makes it easy for you to support locals.
*Maleny IGA has in-store local supplier shelf labelling.
*Online shopping & home delivery across the sunshine coast with easy local supplier tags.
*Weekly local recipe card using local ingredients by local Author Rebecca Mugridge available in-store & on our website.
*Regular local product demos & tastings.
*CBC Program – 2012 raised $144,000 for local charities.
Maleny Supa IGA • 26 Maple St, Maleny • Ph: 5494 2257
Recipe & Food Image Photography ©RebeccaMugridge2012