If you’re going to have an indulgence, make yourself one that is tantalising and day dreamy like this beautiful and very simple home-made ice cream and cookies. Made with gorgeous Maleny Molinaro Coffee, Maleny Dairies Cream, Rawganix Eggs, divine Noosa Natural Chocolate Co. Cranberries. All products can be purchased from the Maleny IGA.
Ingredients (Ice Cream)
- 600ml Maleny Dairies cream
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup double strength percolated molinaro coffee, cold
- 1 packet noosa natural chocolate co. cranberries
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup maleny iga brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cold percolated coffee
- 1 rawganix free range egg
- 1⁄2 cup maleny iga ground almonds
- 2 & 1⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
• Whip the cream until soft peaks form.
• Combine the cold coffee and condensed milk.
• Gently fold the condensed milk mixture though the whipped cream, adding in the chocolates as you do.
• Pour gently into a container with a lid and put in freezer overnight.
• Make a mocha version by adding some melted milk chocolate into the condensed milk mixture.• Serve with coffee flavoured biscuits.
• Swap the coffee for organic hot chocolate or just leave out for a nice vanilla ice cream.
Method – Cookies
• Pre heat oven to 180`c. • Put butter, vanilla essence and sugar in a bowl, beat together until fluffy.
• Add egg, beat through
• Pour cold coffee in, mix through.
• Sift the flour and ground almond meal into the mixture.
• Roll into balls and place on a tray lined with baking paper, gently push each one down with a walnut.
• Bake for approximately 12 minutes, keeping an eye on them as all ovens run a little differently.
• Cool on a wire rack.
• Serve or store in an air tight container.
• Add chopped walnuts through the dough mixture.
• Choc chips are good through this mix.
• Replace the coffee with chocolate drink mixture or cocoa powder, for children.
Make it stronger with stronger coffee if desired, you could also use very strong dissolved instant coffee.