Your feeling pretty empowered, positive and most of all excited to see some results! You know its only been a week or two but still in your mind you might be hoping...
THEN.. you jump on the scales and look at yourself naked in the mirror and feel a little crushed that you haven't transformed into a bikini model from all your hard work and effort yet.
Your not alone.
Many people start out on a health kick, exercise routine or diet and then give up in the first few weeks when they don't see Hollywood style dramatic instant results.
So how do you keep the motivation going?
Pay attention to your body. Yes, your body because we are all so different.
- Measure yourself right at the start, sometimes we lose cm's rather kilo's on the scale.
- Look at your skin, your complexion, notice the glow of health starting to show.
- Really notice how you feel in your body, does it feel lighter? Generally better all over? Like things are working better? Do you feel less bloated? Less tired all the time? Less lethargic?
- Is that muscle tone you are starting to see in your arms? Legs? Shoulders?
- Do you feel stronger?
- Do you feel that you have increased your endurance? Your overall fitness level?
- Is the exercise helping to boost your mood? Reduce depression? Reduce Stress? Make you feel happier?
- Are your clothes feeling a little looser? Fitting on you better?
- Has the changes led to making new great friends, also wanting to lead a healthier life or who maybe already are?
- Does a health condition seem to be improving maybe?
- Have a good think at all the benefits you really are feeling and maybe seeing so far and tell yourself with a HUGE SMILE in the mirror - there is going to be more and more exciting changes to come!
Inspire yourself daily. Surround yourself with genuine people who uplift and inspire and yes motivate you. Read about other inspiring stories to keep motivated.
And you WILL get there, you just need to KEEP GOING!
For extra inspiration you can read about my weight loss journeys here:
And of course in My Heartfelt Book where I share my very personal story x